Burgeon Legal Group, Ltd. Co. is a progressive and rapidly growing boutique, provider-side healthcare law firm situated in Pawleys Island, South Carolina. Our firm is about growth. But growth is not our strategy; it’s our result. It’s a result of all we put into everything we do each day. We hire action-oriented, passionate, out-of-the-box thinkers to join our team.
If you possess the background and ability to assist with various complex collection cases, Medicaid eligibility and appeals, guardianship and probate matters, and related civil litigation we invite you to apply to join our team. We are currently seeking full-time attorneys licensed in Alabama and Florida. Strong preference is given to those barred in multiple states.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, prepare and execute strategies that optimize favorable outcomes in advocating for clients
- Clear, timely and substantive communication via telephone and electronic communication with courts, administrative offices, financial institutions clients, and coworkers
- Prepare and transmit legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, appeals, agreements, authorizations, verifications, mortgages, notes and other pertinent documents
- Review documents and investigate facts
- Follows up on requests (verifications, appeals, pleadings and other requests) with Courts, agencies and other institutions
- Travel to and attend hearings
- File documents with courts and administrative bodies, according to rules and guidelines, including electronic filing where applicable
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
- Minimum of 2 years of legal experience
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with virtual team
- Discipline and self-motivation to be successful in a work from home environment
- High level of organization and time management
- Critical thinking, problem solving and analysis
- Creative, Resourceful and Proactive
- Confidence to take initiative and Accountable from start to finish
- Tech savvy with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, timekeeping software; Familiarity with MAC a plus
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume, writing sample and at least three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the number of applicants we receive for a posting, we cannot accept telephone calls in reference to this position. Successful candidate will be required to train in the firm’s South Carolina office. Thereafter, Attorney will work virtually from their home office with the support of the firm’s attorneys and operational team.